Thursday, March 5

Margie March 05, 2009

This hat belongs to Jesse's friend Lance. He is like a brother & son to all of us. He has had a less than happy life with his mom. Two weeks ago he did something stupid - though I know why he would do it. Next day, his mom put him on a plane to his dad's in Kansas. Just like that - no goodbyes, nothing. Every time I walk past this hat, I get sad for him. Today I saw him in Jewel. He didn't say much because his older sister was with him. Hopefully he can come over this weekend so I can hear what's going on. Poor kid.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Sounds rough for him. Kids in hard times like this always know where to find you, though, don't they :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor kid! Bless you guys for caring so much! I will say a prayer for him...

Anonymous said...

That is sad...I like him! Will be thinking of him...

Margie said...

Thanks guys. I really wish that he could just live with us. He's a good kid. And....he and I share the same birthday. He's always been special to me. Wish he could feel as special in his own home.