Thursday, April 16

Margie April 16, 2009

Here are a couple of items that were found in the attic of Nikki's new house. There is a lot more stuff up there and I am anxiously awaiting Sat. morning when I am going to go up there to look around. The picture shows 4 guys sitting on the porch of Nikki's house and the back says, "My roommates" and lists their names. This is a fun new puzzle to solve. I am trying to date the photo - maybe the 40's? I plan to go to the county recorder's office and look up the past deeds to the house. I believe there is some very interesting history there. One of the men is identified as Guy Easterly, and if you google his name, he may be a quite noteable writer. Who knows what other treasures are up in that attic!

3 comments:

Marla said...

Wow! That's cool.

Maggie said...

So exciting... I love old houses and all the stories they could tell. Just found a cartoon strip from 1953 in a wall at my new house. Not as cool as a picture...

Betty said...

I just googled "Guy Easterly" and found this:

"Farrell Family Daily Photo Blog: 04/16/09Apr 16, 2009 ... One of the men is identified as Guy Easterly, and if you google his name, he may be a quite noteable writer. Who knows what other treasures ...
dailyfarrell.blogspot.com/2009_04_16_archive.html - Similar pages -"

Just another reminder, like Maureen's, that the stuff we put out here is public info. I am also not paranoid about this, but I'm glad that I decided to ask Maureen to edit out the name of the company I am working for on an earlier photo... [and it's just weird to google something and end up back here...]