Thursday, February 11

Marla February 11, 2010

The waiting room at the eye doctor. I poked my eye with a makeup brush on Tuesday. Wednesday when I looked in the mirror I noticed that my eye was very red. I talked to the school nurse who ruled out pink eye and suggested that I go to my doctor. I decided to wait one more day to see if it got any better, it didn't so I got an appointment, even though it doesn't hurt or bother me at all. The old man on the left of the photo kind of grouchily asked one of the nurses to find out how much longer he had to wait, since his appointment was at 2:45 and it was already 3:15. And, then he grumbled about how it had been 30 minutes. The nurse said in not such a nice tone "Yes, sir, sometimes we are running late". That just annoys me...how come we are expected to be patient waiting in their waiting room but if we are "running late" to an appointment they don't really like that very much. Fyi- the doctor said that I have a corneal abrasion but that it's not too bad, my eye may be red for a week or two, and she gave me some antibiotic drops to put in my eye.

7 comments:

donna said...

Glad your eye will be ok! Ya know, the dentist ofc sent me a letter once because I din's cancel an appt within the approriate time, or something..and that his time is important, etc.I wrote a letter back saying that MY time is just as important, and that it actually was often that I took a nap while waiting my turn!

Colleen said...

It looks like you were at Dr King's office, the Geneva Eye Clinic at Delnor. This is where Aunt Mary Lou goes and we wait almost every time we are there. I was very shocked once when we were called before we could barely sit down.

Marla said...

Yes, I always wait about a half hour for my name to get called. When I left there yesterday I wondered if I should try to find a new eye doctor.

Margie said...

I hate that. I'm running a couple of minutes late, and I worry and speed to get there. Then, I sit and sit. Or, they get you right into a room and then you sit - usually naked and freezing. I firmly believe that if they have a policy of billng for late or missed appointments, then I should be able to bill them for being late. My time is also valuable. And, Marla, how did you sneak that picture? I would not have been brave enough to just pull out the camera and click away.

Marla said...

I turned off the flash and then pretended that I was looking at my photos while I snapped a real fast shot.

Maureen said...

You're sneaky!

molly said...

I have changed doctors because of their lack of concideration of my time. And I have told them why I did so. They never have seemed to care, but it make me feel better taking a stand. I have also called on my way to doctors who tend to run late and ask how late they were running, then I tell the receptionist that "I have a 1:30 appt. and since the doctor is running 45 min late I will be in at 2:15. In the mean time I will do errands or take a nap in my car because my time is just as valuable as his." They may call me a bitch, but maybe if enough people do this they might get the point that they are not God and there are other doctors out there that would be happy to take my insurance companies money and maybe the won't.